KATO WEEKLY REPORT
August 12, 2016
How about lending foreign reserve deposit to Japanese banks?
- Soaring Japanese banks dollar borrowing costs due to QQE with a negative interest rate and financial regulation enhancement
- Influence of change in dollar fund supply operation decided by BOJ in July
- How about lending foreign reserve deposit to Japanese banks?
April 7, 2016
BOJ’s NIRP Opens a Pandora’s Box
- BOJ’s Negative Interest Rate Policy Opens a Pandora’s Box
- While the BOJ wants to further reduce the negative interest rate, will they get the public understanding ?
- (Photos) Cherry Blossoms at the imperial palace in Tokyo last Sunday
The North Wind and the Sun
- At the introduction of NIRP, the BOJ put the emphasis on surprise effect without paying much attention to potential confusion in the market
- Japanese banks are facing a serious decline in margins
- "The North Wind and the Sun": NIRP which has a chilling effect on consumer spending in Japan
Corporations are not asking the BOJ for additional easing
- The Bank of Japan branch managers' meeting and regional economy
- Corporations are not asking the BOJ for additional easing 3. What we need for Japan are structural reform and innovation
Is the glass already half full of water?
- Why didn't the Bank of Japan fire the monetary bazooka in 2015?
- Is the glass already half full of water?
- (Digression) London's Brick Lane with award-winning curry houses